Containers have become the de facto standard for building and deploying (web) applications. However, security is often neglected, which can lead to high costs. The Container Security Training shows measures to prevent vulnerabilities and raises awareness.
• Introduction to DevOps and IT security
• Refresher on the concepts of containers
• Hands-on analysis of threats when using containers
• Familiarization with and implementation of measures to increase the security of clusters, images and containers
All software developers and DevOps engineers with fundamentals of software development and IT systems.
During the workshop, topics are presented and participants perform hands-on analyses in a training environment. In some cases, measures are implemented.
During this workshop with a mix of hands-on and lecture, developers and administrators learn about threats and measures when using container technologies.
- Technically highly specialized and customized to your needs
- Structured and practice-oriented
- Playful learning
- Participants are interactively involved
- Balancing heterogeneity in prior knowledge
More about the training methodology here.
Participants each use a prepared training instance in the cloud. This means that there is no setup effort during the training! An SSH client such as Putty is required.
Prior knowledge of container technologies such as Docker is recommended, e.g. completion of the play-with-docker beginner training https://training.play-with-docker.com/beginner-linux/.
Timo Pagel incorporates his knowledge from over 20 years in operations and development into his trainings. As a DevSecOps consultant, he not only advises at the strategic level but also lends a hand.